SizeWell is no longer supported and is not functional on OS X 10.11 El Capitan because of System Integrity Protection.
a window in Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) or Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6), hold a customizable modifier key to keep width/height, aspect ratio, centered, or to pin bottom right corner. In Lion (Mac OS X 10.7), Apple has overhauled window resizing, therefore SizeWell no longer needs to implement these advanced resizing features for Lion users. SizeWell can still displays window dimensions while resizing windows in Lion, and continues to offers many zooming features.
a window, hold a customizable modifier key to maximize to whole screen or to any half. You can also override the standard zoom behavior (without holding a modifier key) to open the SizeWell Zoom Options
menu or maximize to whole screen or any half. Undo
a zoom by performing the same zoom feature again before doing anything else to the windows size or position.
SizeWell Zoom Options
(available as menu of Zoom button by overriding the standard zoom behavior or right-clicking the Zoom button and as submenu of Zoom item in Window menu) contains features (with shortcuts):
- Standard Zoom (⌃⇧0)
- Whole Screen (⌃⇧9)
- Half Screen
- Left Half (⌃⇧1)
- Right Half (⌃⇧2)
- Top Half (⌃⇧3)
- Bottom Half (⌃⇧4)
- Third Screen
- All Horizontal and Vertical Thirds (⌥⇧⌘ 1 - 6)
- All Two-Thirds (⌥⇧⌘ 7 - 0)
- Quarter Screen
- Top Left Quarter (⌃⇧5)
- Top Right Quarter (⌃⇧6)
- Bottom Left Quarter (⌃⇧7)
- Bottom Right Quarter (⌃⇧8)
- Includes 14 of the most popular screen resolutions.
- Options to zoom whole window or window's content to resolutions.
- Center (⌃⇧`)
- Also includes all edges and corners, with shortcuts.
- Next Screen (⌃⇧=)
- Previous Screen (⌃⇧-)
Includes SizeWell Installer
to make installation nice and simple.
After installation, SizeWell will even offer to eject the install disk and trash its disk image file.
Installation and cleanup, all in under 5 clicks!
SizeWell 0.8.2 beta November 16th, 2011
SizeWell SIMBL Plugin:
- Added: Options to zoom whole window or window's content to resolutions in SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: New resolution (HD 720 - 1280 x 720) to SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: Shortcuts for all window positioning options in SizeWell Zoom Options menu.
- Added: Window's content height to dimensions when resizing or zooming.
- Improved: Support for recent versions of iTunes.
- Improved: Support for TotalFinder.
- Fixed: Conflicts with Adobe Photoshop's "Save for Web" window and a few other windows in Adobe apps.
- Fixed: Conflicts with the main menu in Netbeans. SizeWell will no longer load into Java apps like Netbeans.
- Fixed: Issues with Popovers in Lion.
- Fixed: Other minor bugs.
- Known Issues: SIMBL does not load into TextEdit or Preview in Lion, therefore SizeWell cannot currently support them.
SizeWell System Preferences Pane:
- Changed: Zooming pane is now the default view in Lion.
- Fixed: Various minor bugs.
- Improved: Now loads SizeWell SIMBL Plugin into running apps more efficiently, just like SIMBL Agent.
- Fixed: Various minor bugs.